Today, in the pursuit of a brighter, whiter smile, many individuals turn to teeth whitening treatments. Among the vast array of options available, Opalescence 35% teeth whitening kit has emerged as a popular choice for those seeking professional-grade results from the comfort of your own home.
Opalescence 35% is a high-concentration teeth whitening kit formulated to transform discolored teeth into dazzling pearly whites. While the results are undeniably attractive, using a product with such a high concentration of whitening agents can feel intimidating. Many individuals who have purchased Opalescence 35% are concerned about whether it is used correctly, and fear about the potential side effects of improper use.
If you are one of those people nodding along, then this article is for you.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step by step process of using Opalescence 35% teeth whitening gel. We’ll tackle everything from preparation, application, to aftercare, ensuring you can safely and effectively achieve that covetable, dazzling smile. We will also share some of the commonly asked questions that users of Opalescence teeth whitening have raised.
So, get ready to discover the remarkable potential of Opalescence 35% teeth whitening gel and unlock the secrets to a brighter, whiter smile.
Opalescence Teeth Whitening Kit
Opalescence is a highly regarded brand of teeth whitening products, developed by Ultradent, a leading global dental company based in the United States. With its commitment to quality and innovation, Opalescence has been trusted by dental professionals and patients alike since its founding in 1978.
Opalescence primarily known for their teeth whitening solutions, which are available in various forms to cater to different preferences and needs. Some of the popular Opalescence products include:
- Opalescence PF: This is a take-home whitening gel that comes in different forumations, including Opalescence 10%, 15%, 20%, 35% and 45%. The percentage indicates the strength of the active ingredient, carbmide peroxide, with higher percentages offering more powerful whitening effects. The gel is typically used with custom-fitted trays provided by your dentist.
- Opalescence Go: A convenient, prefilled whitening tray system that doesn’t require dental impressions or custom trays. It comes in 10% and 15% hydrogen peroxide concentrations. These trays can be used directly out of the package and are perfect for those who want a quick and easy whitening solution.
- Opalescence Boost: A professional in-office whitening treatment that uses a powerful 40% hydrogen peroxide gel. This treatment is administered by a dentist and offers rapid results, typically within an hour.
It is important to note that while Opalescence products are highly regarded, it is always recommended to consult with a dental professional before starting any teeth whitening treatment. They can evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and guide you on the best approach for achieving a brighter and more confident smile.
You may be interested in: Will Listerine Kill Tooth Infection?
Instructions for Opalescence 35%
Opalescence 35% is a high concentration teeth whitening gel, typically used under a dentist’s supervision but have been approved by Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for home use. The instructions below should be followed carefully to ensure safe and effective use, especially since it has a high concentration of active ingredients.
Here is a step by step guide for the use of Opalescence 35% teeth whitening kit:
- Consultation: If you are looking to purchase Opalescence 35%, schedule a consultation with your dentist to assess the health of your teeth and gums, and ensure that you are a suitable candidate. Your dentist will discuss any potential risks or side effects for using the teeth whitening kit.
- Custom Trays: Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth to create custom-fitted whitening trays. These trays are crucial for ensuring that the whitening gel is evenly distributed and in contact with your teeth. Once your trays are ready, your dentist will provide you with the Opalescence 35% whitening gel.
- Brush Your Teeth: Before every application of Opalescence 35%, thoroughly clean your teeth to maximize the effectiveness of the teeth whitening gel.
- Apply the Gel: Place a small drop of Opalescence 35% gel into each compartment of the tray for every tooth that is to be whitened. Be careful not to overfill the trays, as the gel may irritate your gums.
- Insert Trays: Carefully place the trays over your teeth, ensuring that they are properly seated and in full contact with your teeth. As far as possible, avoid getting the gems in contact with the gums.
- Wait: In general, Opalescence 35% should only be applied for up to 30 minutes. However, the recommended wear time for Opalescence 35% may vary depending on the specific instructions provided by your dentist. Avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while wearing your trays. Remove the trays after the prescribed time.
- Clean Up: After removing the trays, brush your teeth gently to remove any remaining gel; do not use a toothpaste. Also, clean the trays (if reusable) with cold water and a toothbrush.
- Repeat as Directed: If it is your first time of using, apply once every other day. Once your teeth and gums are accustomed to the intensity of Opalescence 35%, you can proceed with daily application. That said, the frequency of application should be determined by your dentist.
- Follow-up Visits: Schedule regular follow-up visits with your dentist to monitor the progress of your teeth whitening and address any concerns or questions you may have.
During the period of use, you may experience teeth sensitivity. This is a common side effect of all teeth whitening treatments, be it in-clinic or at home. Your dentist may recommend desensitizing products or provide specific instructions to manage any sensitivity you may experience. If the sensitivity persists long after you have stopped the use of Opalescence 35%, consult your dentist immediately.
Remember, the steps above are general instructions, and your dentist may provide more specific instructions based on your oral health and specific needs.
Commonly Asked Questions About Opalescence 35% Whitening Kit
Here are some of the questions often asked by users of Opalesence 35%:
Question 1: How does Opalescence 35% work to whiten teeth?
Answer: Like all teeth whitening solutions, an active bleaching agent is present to break down stains and discoloration on the tooth. Opalescence 35% contains carbamide peroxide. The percentage refers to the concentration of the bleaching agent in the gel.
Question 2: How Long to Leave Opalescence 35% on My Teeth?
Answer: Opalescence 35% is a high-concentration teeth whitening gel. Given its strength, it requires a relatively short wear time. The typical recommendation is to leave Opalescence 35% in your tray and on your teeth for 30 minutes per treatment. Exceeding the recommended wear time can lead to increased tooth sensitivity or gum irritation. If you experience persistent tooth sensitivity or gum irritation, discontinue use and consult with your dentist.
Question 3: How Often Should I Use Opalescence 35%?
Answer: The frequency will depend on the specific instructions provided by your dentist, taking into consideration your oral health and whitening goals. If you are just starting to use a teeth whitening kit, apply Opalescence once every other day for a week. After that, you can increase the frequency to once a day. The entire treatment should not exceed 3 weeks, as prolonged use may cause long-term irritation to your gums. You should not conduct more than two treatments a year. Note that your dentist might recommend a different schedule based on your specific needs.
Question 4: Is Opalescence 35% safe to use?
Answer: Yes, all Opalescence teeth whitening solutions are approved by American Dental Association (ADA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Opalescence 35% is safe when used as directed by a dental professional. It is important to follow the instructions provided and consult with your dentist before starting any teeth whitening treatment.
Question 5: What should I do if I experience tooth sensitivity or gum irritation?
Answer: Some sensitivity or irritation is normal when undergoing teeth whitening treatment, but if it persists or is severe, discontinue use and consult with your dentist.
Question 6: Can I eat or drink while wearing Opalescence 35% trays?
Answer: No, you should not eat, drink, or smoke while the trays are in place. Doing so can interfere with the whitening process and potentially damage the trays.
Question 7: How soon will I see results with Opalescence 35%?
Answer: Results can vary depending on factors such as the severity of stains and individual response. In general, noticeable results can be seen within a few days to a couple of weeks of consistent use. It is also possible that the user will not see any results with Opalescence 35%, albeit this is a rare case.
Question 8: Can I use Opalescence 35% if I have fillings, crowns, or veneers?
Answer: Opalescence 35% will not harm or damage restorations like fillings, crowns, or veneers. However, it’s important to know that restorations will not whiten like natural teeth. Consult with your dentist if you are concerned that the whitening gel will damage your dental restorations.
Question 9: Is Opalescence 35% safe to use without a dentist’s supervision?
Answer: Due to its high concentration, it’s generally recommended to use Opalescence 35% under the supervision of a doctor. Using Opalescence 35% without professional supervision can be risky, as it may lead to ineffective or uneven whitening, increased sensitivity, or damage to your teeth and gums if not used correctly. Your dentist will guide you on the most appropriate treatment plan and help you achieve the desired results while prioritizing your dental health and safety.
Question 10: Can Opalescence 35% be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Answer: While there are no known ingredients in Opalescence teeth whitening products that can affect the pregnancy, it is advised to avoid using Opalescence 35% during pregnancy or while breastfeeding as a precautionary measure.
Question 11: How should I store my Opalescence 35% gel?
Answer: Store the gel in a cool, dry place and use it before the expiration date. Avoid exposing the gel to extreme temperatures, as this can affect its stability and effectiveness. It is also recommended to store the gel in a location that is out of reach of children and pets to prevent accidental ingestion.
Question 12: Can I use Opalescence 35% if I have sensitive teeth?
Answer: Yes, you can use Opalescence teeth whitening products if you have sensitive teeth. However, it is recommended that you first consult a dentist to identify if you are suitable for teeth whitening treatment. You should also first start with lower concentration such as Opalescence 10% or Opalescence 20%. Alternatively, you can undergo professional cleaning to remove any surface stains and whiten your teeth.
Question 13: How do I maintain the results after using Opalescence 35%?
Answer: Maintaining the results involves practicing good oral hygiene, such as regular brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings. Limiting consumption of staining substances and touch-up whitening treatments as and when necessary can help maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
These FAQs and answers provide general information, but it’s important to consult with your dental professional for personalized advice and to address any specific concerns or questions you may have about using Opalescence 35% teeth whitening gel.
To conclude, Opalescence 35% teeth whitening gel offers a powerful solution for those seeking a brighter, more radiant smile. By following the recommended steps, including consultation with a dental professional, obtaining custom-fitted trays, applying the gel correctly, and adhering to the suggested wear time and frequency, you can maximize the effectiveness of Opalescence 35% and achieve noticeable results.
Last but not least, you should be aware that a successful teeth whitening journey is not just about following instructions; it’s also about maintaining good oral hygiene, being consistent in your routine, and attending regular follow-up visits.
Disclaimer: It’s important to note that the information provided in this article serves as a general guide and should not replace the advice and guidance of a qualified dental professional. Please consult with your dentist to assess your suitability for teeth whitening treatments and to receive personalized instructions based on your unique dental needs.